Developer Relations Specialist (Remote, USA)
Elgato is looking for a Developer Relations Specialist for Stream Deck. With the ever-growing library of plugins created by third-party developers, your role will be to help amplify integrations, set strategies for bringing on new plugins, and ensuring strong communication with internal and external partners.
Since its launch in 2017, Stream Deck has revolutionized interactive broadcasting and other creative workflows. Today, Stream Deck users execute hundreds of millions of actions per month (key presses executed by real humans). The Stream Deck ecosystem continues growing rapidly, with hundreds of Plugins having been developed using the Stream Deck SDK.
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine. Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere.Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, Elgato has engineering offices in Munich and Mönchengladbach in Germany, and in California, and we distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- Be the primary contact for inbound communication from interested developers received via email or other channels.
- Answer technical questions up to a certain degree, involving the development team whenever necessary and warranted.
- Test and review Plugins built using the Stream Deck SDK. Provide feedback to developers around guidelines, UI/UX, general improvements, etc.
- Validate and publish Plugins on the Stream Deck Store.
— Ensure Store guidelines are followed and meet minimum requirements.
— Maintain and periodically review existing Stream Deck plugins.
- Improve our online SDK documentation on https://developer.elgato.com
— Work together with internal and external developers to ensure documentation provides clear examples, guidelines and follows general documentation practices.
- Handle private and semi-private beta rollouts shared with developers on our Discord server.
- Create an active communication channel with Plugin developers:
— Collect emails from developers and start a mailing list for software updates and SDK changes.
— Monitor and reply on our Discord server, Stream Deck SDK channel on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreamDeckSDK/new/ and monitor pull requests on the Elgato Github.
- Work with marketing teams to showcase Stream Deck Plugins to Elgato’s audience.
- Work with Sales and B2B teams to help support and drive new integration initiatives.
- Work with the product team to help define and review new plugins.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong English communication required
- Independent self-starter with strong organizational skills and impeccable work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Project & Time Management of multiple ongoing projects
Plus's: Experience streaming or creating VOD content
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline
- Quarterly profit share bonus
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.