Elgato Announces Eve – Wireless Home Sensors Built Exclusively for Apple HomeKit
Available for Pre-order Today from Leading Retailers Including Amazon and Walmart.com, and Available in the Apple Online Store This July
Munich – June 2, 2015 — Elgato today announced Eve, an app-powered system for monitoring your home from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Taking advantage of Apple’s revolutionary HomeKit technology, Eve offers unparalleled ease of use, control, advanced security and tight integration with Siri. Thanks to energy efficient Bluetooth Smart technology and long-lasting, replaceable batteries, Eve products operate completely wireless. Four Eve sensors, sold as individual products, are available for pre-order today from leading retailers including Amazon and Walmart.com and will be available in the Apple Online Store this July: Eve Room, Eve Weather, Eve Door & Window, and Eve Energy. Additional Eve products will become available later in the year. The Eve app is available today as a free download from the App Store.
Based on Apple HomeKit
In order to deliver the best possible user experience with Eve, supporting HomeKit was a natural choice for Elgato. “HomeKit offers a simple, convenient and secure solution without monthly fees or the need to purchase a starter kit," says Dr. Markus Fest, CEO of Elgato. "This is the beginning of something big, and we’re thrilled to be part of it.”
Leveraging the benefits of HomeKit, Eve offers superior usability and security:
• Easy setup: There is no gateway or bridge to configure, so setup is a matter of seconds.
• Siri integration: Eve responds to Siri, letting you access data collected by Eve and control all HomeKit-enabled accessories directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
• Remote access: An Eve customer who owns an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later can control HomeKit-enabled accessories away from home using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later.
• Security: HomeKit technology provides advanced security with end-to-end encryption and authentication between a HomeKit-enabled accessory and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Elgato Eve – Know Your Home
• Eve Room: Monitor indoor air quality, temperature, and humidity, measured by a sophisticated sensor analyzing volatile organic compounds (VOC).
• Eve Weather: Easily access outside temperature, humidity and air pressure at your home.
• Eve Door & Window: See the current open/closed state of your doors or windows and view statistics on time & duration to make smarter choices.
• Eve Energy: Find out how much energy your appliances are using, and switch them on or off with a simple tap or using Siri.
Pricing & Availability
Eve sensors are available for pre-order today from leading retailers such as Amazon and Walmart.com and will be available in the Apple Online Store this July. The suggested retail price is $79.95 for Eve Room, $49.95 for Eve Weather, $49.95 for Eve Energy and $39.95 for Eve Door & Window. The Eve app is available as a free download from the App Store.
Eve requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later. HomeKit requires an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later. Controlling HomeKit-enabled accessories away from home requires an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.1 or later.
Elgato Systems GmbH
Bildmaterial für Web und Print finden Sie hier: http://brandfolder.com/eve