Backend Engineer (m/f/d), Munich
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to expand our Product Engineering team. Our team is responsible for planning, design, development, and testing of product engineering processes.
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine. Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere. Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, Elgato has engineering offices in Munich and Mönchengladbach in Germany, and in California, and we distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will operate with Python, Django, Gitlab, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and the likes to develop highly available and scalable micro-services.
- You will be integral part of a green field project intended for large scale in the public and be involved in all stages of the product engineering process – planning, design, development, and testing.
- On top of that, you will help our other software engineering teams with your backend expertise and get a glimpse into the variety of our award-winning products we already have developed over the recent years.
- Our project teams are Agile and multi-disciplinary and work independently on specific projects. We encourage mobility across the teams, and you will be able to peek into in all areas such as industrial design, UI/UX, product engineering and have contact with external influencers and testers to refine product concepts.
- You will have responsibility to define all stages of your work with your team. You will plan your own work and organize your own tasks with your team.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience writing web applications in Python/Django, a proficient understanding of databases such as PostgreSQL, SQLite or MySQL, as well as some Linux command line skills.
- You will be familiar with containerization solutions based on Docker and the design of APIs in microservices. You may have experience structuring large web applications or systems design & testing.
- An ability for creative problem solving using all tools and knowledge at your disposal; we like people who can make decisions and who are able to evaluate compromises to achieve the best overall solution. Your attention to detail and a focus on quality in your work will guide you.
- Self-motivation. We like our engineers to be able to plan and structure their own work inside autonomous teams and take full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment.
A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline.
Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich and Mönchengladbach.
Quarterly profit share bonus.
Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products.
Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.