EyeTV W: Live TV Unleashed, on iPad, iPhone & Android
Munich, Germany – October 22, 2013 – Elgato today announced EyeTV W, a compact and powerful TV-Hotspot for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Slightly larger than a small box of matches, EyeTV W features a rechargeable battery for up to 4 hours of live TV, a new-generation Freeview/DTT tuner and a MCX connector for optimal signal transmission from the included aerials. TV sent straight to a tablet or smartphone wirelessly through a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, meaning an internet connection is not required. The EyeTV W app offers many functions such as the ability to pause, fast-forward, rewind and record programme.
EyeTV W is available from today and can be purchased from Elgato (www.elgato.com), Amazon, the Apple Store, and selected retailers for EUR 79.95 €/GBP.
Always by your side
Some TV events just can’t be missed: a football match, the final episode of a series or the movie everybody will be talking about the next day. With EyeTV W, users can catch live TV in the park on a sunny day, at the airport while waiting for their plane to arrive, or simply as a second TV at home when other family members seize control of the remote. The included aerials tune into the free over-the-air Freeview (DTT/DVB-T) signal, so users never have to wait for any data to load and don’t have to pay monthly service or data bills. Watching TV with EyeTV W doesn’t require any wires: the built-in, rechargeable battery lasts for up to four hours, while live TV is sent to a tablet or smartphone wirelessly.
The best-in-class app, available on the App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon App-Shop, offers a wealth of advanced features too: effortlessly pause and timeshift live TV, record the current programme or view what’s on in the next few days.
EyeTV W comes with flexible aerial options for optimum reception: The telescopic antenna has been designed for great reception on the go, the rod antenna offers enhanced reception at home or the office.
EyeTV W at glance
- Mobile TV hotspot for live TV on iPad, iPhone & Android devices. Receives over-the-air Freeview and therefore doesn't require an internet connection. Ships with flexible aerial options.
- Connectivity: 802.11b/g Wi-Fi with a range of 10 meters; MCX antenna input.
- Power: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging via built-in Micro USB port) lasts for up to 4 hours.
- What’s included: EyeTV W comes with a miniature telescopic antenna (MCX), a rod antenna with magnetic base and detachable suction cup, a Micro USB charging cable and a printed quick start guide.
- Supported Devices: The EyeTV W App requires an iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (4th generation or later); with iOS 6.1.3 or later. On Android, EyeTV W requires Android 4.0.3 on an Amazon Kindle Fire (2. Generation), or Kindle Fire HD; Google Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, or Nexus 10; HTC One S, or One X; Samsung Galaxy Note, Note II, S II, S III, S III mini, S4, or Tab 2.
- Dimensions & Weight: 64 x 16 x 42 mm, 44 grams.
Pricing & Availability
EyeTV W is is available from Elgato (www.elgato.com), Amazon, the Apple Store, and selected retailers for EUR 79.95 €/GBP. The EyeTV W app is free and is available on the App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon App-Shop.
Elgato offers industry-leading TV and video solutions for the Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad. With an extensive selection of TV tuners and its award-winning EyeTV software, Elgato offers a complete range of solutions to watch and record TV and HDTV. Elgato’s video products enable high-quality video recording and conversion for gamers, consumers and professionals alike. Furthermore, Elgato offers the world’s first truly portable high-speed drive featuring Thunderbolt technology. Elgato is privately held with offices in Munich, Germany and San Francisco, California.