EyeTV 1.8 – Free Software Update
EyeTV 1.8 – Free Software Update adds H.264, iTunes® and EyeTV "to go" for PSP
Munich/San Francisco, May 17, 2005 – Elgato Systems announces the release of a comprehensive new version of the award-winning EyeTV Software. This brand new development in Macintosh software has awarded Elgato with an even greater edge on its competition. Users experience additional advanced enjoyment with EyeTV "to go", a solution by Elgato that allows Mac owners to conveniently export EyeTV recordings to Sony’s Playstation Portable™ (PSP) and other mobile devices. EyeTV 1.8 is fully compatible with the new Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and includes support for the state-of-the-art video codec H.264 in QuickTime 7.
Newly added iTunes® support provides users with even more options for increasing their personal libraries. Audio tracks can be exported from EyeTV recordings and effortlessly imported into an iTunes® music library, creating direct access to television and film soundtracks. EyeTV owners and those with third party TV tuners supported by EyeTV software can download a free update to EyeTV version 1.8. from www.elgato.com
“Our objective is to turn the Macintosh computer into the vital command center for all home-based and mobile entertainment devices”, says Freddie Geier, Elgato’s CEO. “We want to give EyeTV users the ultimate freedom of choice to watch TV when and where they want to."
EyeTV 1.8 delivers stunning picture quality in MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 format. With the support of H.264, EyeTV is ideal for professional applications like DVD Studio Pro and for archiving on HD-DVD and Blue Ray Discs.
New EyeTV 1.8 features at a glance:
- Export EyeTV recordings in H.264 format (requires QuickTime 7)
- Export EyeTV recordings for playback on Sony PlayStation Portable™ (PSP)
- Export an EyeTV recording's audio track to your iTunes® library
- Export EyeTV recordings in MPEG-4 to iDVD without re-encoding
- The new program information window displays real-time information about the current TV program, such as title, rating, genre, start time and duration. The amount of information available depends on the broadcast.
- Faster scan rates, going up to 32x, make it even easier to fast forward or rewind through an EyeTV recording..
- Improved AppleScript support gives users the independence to rework their personal interfaces to meet their personal programming preferences.
About Elgato Systems
Elgato Systems creates award-winning products that enable customers to watch, record, edit and share video and TV within the digital home. The highly acclaimed EyeTV series is the world leader in digital TV recording and High Definition TV for the Mac. EyeConnect is the premier solution for streaming Mac content to networked media players in the home.
Founded in 1992 by Dr. Markus Fest, the inventor of Toast® CD recording software, Elgato is a privately held company with headquarters in Munich, Germany and a US subsidiary in San Francisco, California. www.elgato.com
Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
For further information please contact: