Elgato Introduces EyeTV EZ (INT)
Elgato Introduces EyeTV EZ: New low-cost USB 2.0 TV Receiver made by TerraTec
APPLE EXPO, PARIS, FRANCE — September 20, 2005 – Elgato Systems today unveiled EyeTV EZ, its new easy-to-use product that enables high quality television viewing on the Mac. EyeTV EZ is a USB 2.0 and bus-powered device combining Elgato's award-winning software with TerraTec's best of breed TV receiver product. EyeTV EZ is an appealing piece of hardware, complementing Apple's aesthetics perfectly. It can accept antenna or cable connections and has a built-in 125-channel analog TV tuner transferring raw, uncompressed video directly to the Mac. EyeTV EZ also connects seamlessly to external devices like camcorders, VCRs, satellite and cable boxes and gaming consoles.
“We’re delighted to extend our partnership with TerraTec, following up on the great success of the EyeTV for DTT. EyeTV EZ is exactly what the name says – easy to use and easy on the pocket,” comments Freddie Geier, Elgato's CEO.
EyeTV EZ comes with an online TV guide that shows you what’s on and when. EyeTV EZ will be shipped internationally starting today for 149.00 Euro/99.00 GBP.
- Macintosh computer with a PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor. Recording features require G4 (Video CD settings), Dual G4 or G5 processors (standard quality setting) or Dual G5 (for high quality setting)
- 256 MB of physical RAM (512 MB recommended)
- Built-in USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 or Mac OS X v10.4 (or later)
- 589 MB of disk space required for one hour of recorded TV (video CD setting)
- Internet connection required for the optional Electronic Program Guide (EPG): tvtv (available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and UK) and TitanTV in the USA.
NOTE: Other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
About Elgato Systems
Elgato Systems creates award-winning products that enable customers to watch, record, edit and share video and TV within the digital home. The highly acclaimed EyeTV series is the world leader in digital TV recording and High Definition TV for the Mac. EyeConnect is the premier solution for streaming Mac content to networked media players in the home.
Founded in 1992 by Dr. Markus Fest, the inventor of Toast® CD recording software, Elgato is a privately held company with headquarters in Munich, Germany and a US subsidiary in San Francisco, California. www.elgato.com
Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
For further information please contact: