Elgato Combines Its Award Winning EyeTV Software (INT)
EyeTV for DTT - Pocket-sized Digital TV for the Mac
Munich, July 18th 2005 – EyeTV by Elgato Systems, the world's leading software for viewing and recording television on the Mac, now supports a USB 2.0 digital terrestrial television (DTT) receiver. The new EyeTV for DTT digital TV recorder is extremely compact and does not require an external power supply, and is perfect for home use and travel.
EyeTV for DTT enables Mac users to watch and record unencrypted, high-quality DTT wherever free-to-air DTT channels are offered. Users can even pause live programming and repeat individual scenes. Recorded shows can easily be burned on DVD, exported to other formats such as H.264, transferred to mobile devices like Sony PlayStation® Portable™, or sent to iTunes™ as an AAC file. EyeTV also supports multiple audio tracks as well as Dolby® Digital. This must-have technology runs on all Macintosh computers with a built-in USB 2.0 port.
The EyeTV for DTT’s receiver is a Macintosh optimized version of the Cinergy T” by TerraTec, which is a highly successful product on the PC market. The EyeTV for DTT implementation of the Cinergy T” receiver incorporates the classic industrial design expected of Macintosh-compatible products. It is now available for Euro 149 (GBP 99).
What’s more, those who already own a Cinergy T” receiver device can simply buy a license for EyeTV software so that they too can enjoy the complete functionality of EyeTV for DTT. The price for an EyeTV software license will be $79 (USD) and it is available in Elgato's online today (www.elgato.com).
“Our strategy is to offer consumers as much choice as possible”, said Elgato CEO, Freddie Geier. “It is now possible to buy an EyeTV software license for the Cinergy T" device as well as for other hardware like the Plextor ConvertX and more to come. We've proven that EyeTV is the best TV viewing and recording software available for the Mac. Now we're determined for it to be compatible with all of the best hardware too".
EyeTV – excellent TV on the Mac!
- Experience the exceptional video and audio quality of (non-encrypted) digital terrestrial television (DTT) on the Mac.
- Watch live TV, pause the current program or repeat individual scenes.
- Convert the Mac into a digital TV recorder: Record hours of your favorite shows directly to your Mac's hard disk, and edit them with EyeTV’s integrated editor.
- Conveniently pre-program your recordings with tvtv’s online TV guide (EPG). A one year subscription to tvtv is included.
- Archive your recordings on DVD or Video CD with Toast 6 Titanium.
- The pocket-sized receiver lets you watch DTT remotely or at home.
EyeTV Has All Of The Features Consumers Need!
- Fast browsing speeds of up to 32x make video scanning a snap.
- Export in H.264 format (requires QuickTime 7) for playback on a Sony PlayStation Portable® (PSP).
- Export in different video formats for further editing in applications like iMovie HD, iDVD, Final Cut Pro HD/Express HD or DVD Studio Pro.
- Export audio tracks into the iTunes library.
- Improved program window (sorting, browsing).
- The Online TV Guide (EPG) provides real time information, including title, rating, genre, starting time and duration.
- Check and optimize the strength and quality of the digital TV signal (satellite or antenna).
- Language choice available when multiple audio tracks are broadcast.
Mac System Requirements And Package Enclosures
- PowerPC G4 (500MHz or faster) or G5 processor
- 256MB of physical RAM (512MB recommended)
- USB 2.0 interface
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 or Mac OS X v10.4 (or later)
- 2GB disk space per hour recorded program required
- The free, 12-month subscription of the online TV guide tvtv (EPG) is included in the package of EyeTV. The online TV guide of tvtv is available in nine countries (.de, .at, .ch, .be, .fr, .co.uk, .nl, .it, .es). An Internet connection is required for using tvtv.
- CD/DVD burner as well as the recording software Toast 6 Titanium* for the creation of Video CDs or DVDs (*not included).
NOTE: Other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
About Elgato Systems
Elgato Systems creates award-winning products that enable customers to watch, record, edit and share video and TV within the digital home. The highly acclaimed EyeTV series is the world leader in digital TV recording and High Definition TV for the Mac. EyeConnect is the premier solution for streaming Mac content to networked media players in the home.
Founded in 1992 by Dr. Markus Fest, the inventor of Toast® CD recording software, Elgato is a privately held company with headquarters in Munich, Germany and a US subsidiary in San Francisco, California. www.elgato.com
Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
For further information please contact: