Project Wave | Click to stay tuned
No-Compromise Storage: Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+
Munich, Germany – November 07, 2013 – Elgato today announced Thunderbolt Drive+, a revolutionary high-speed storage solution for Thunderbolt™ and USB 3.0. By combining server-grade Plextor SSD technology, bus-powered operation, and a rock-solid metal enclosure, Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ outperforms other external drives without compromising on mobility. Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ is available immediately for USD 499.95$ (256 GB) and USD 899.95$ (512 GB).
Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ utilizes a Solid State Drive (SSD) to store data at transfer speeds of up to 420 MB/s, dramatically outperforming other portable drives. It relies on Plextor True Speed technology and server-grade controller chips to guarantee sustained high performance. High quality flash chips and custom firmware provide the lowest average annualized failure rate (AFR) in the industry.
The perfect storage solution when you’re on the go
Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ is engineered to draw power directly from a single Thunderbolt or USB port. This way, users can always access their data, even when they’re not near a power source. The backward compatible USB 3.0 port ensures that Thunderbolt Drive+ works with virtually any Mac or PC.
Due to its metal enclosure and a lack of moving, mechanical parts, Thunderbolt Drive+ is far less prone to accidental damage than traditional external drives. No dust particle can reach the inside, and even splashes of liquid can do no harm to your files.
Thunderbolt Drive+ at a glance
Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ unites the most advanced storage technology in a revolutionary high-speed solution. With a server-grade Plextor Solid State Drive, a dust and water protected metal enclosure and Thunderbolt™ and USB connectivity, it’s the perfect storage solution when you’re on the go.
- Interfaces: Thunderbolt™, USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible). Does not require a separate power supply.
- Capacities: 256 GB / 512 GB
- Performance: Transfer speeds up to 420 MB/s
- Dust and water protection: IP64 certified
- What’s included: Elgato Thunderbolt™ Drive+,Elgato Thunderbolt™ Cable, USB 3.0 Cable, Protective Port Cover, User’s Guide
- System Requirements: Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later, Thunderbolt™, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port; PC with Windows 7 or later, Thunderbolt™, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port (Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ is preformatted as a HFS+ Mac drive and can be easily reformatted for use with Windows PCs).
- Dimensions & Weight: 83 x 21 x 131 mm (3.3 x 0.8 x 5.2 in) / 270 g (9.5 oz)
Pricing & Availability
Thunderbolt Drive+ is available from Elgato (www.elgato.com), Amazon and selected resellers for USD 499.95$ (256 GB) and USD 899.95$ (512 GB). Also available from Elgato is Thunderbolt SSD, a high-speed drive starting at USD 299.95$ (120 GB).
Elgato offers industry-leading TV and video solutions for the Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad. With an extensive selection of TV tuners and its award-winning EyeTV software, Elgato offers a complete range of solutions to watch and record TV and HDTV. Elgato’s video products enable high-quality video recording and conversion for gamers, consumers and professionals alike. Furthermore, Elgato offers the world’s first truly portable high-speed drive featuring Thunderbolt technology. Elgato is privately held with offices in Munich, Germany and San Francisco, California.