Software Test Engineer (m/f/d)
You will join our Audio or Video product team as Software Test Engineer to be responsible for quality assurance. Test design and execution are your primary duties while you will work closely with cross-functional teams like Test Automation to further improve the product quality and test processes.
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine. Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere. Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, Elgato has engineering offices in Munich and Mönchengladbach in Germany, and in California, and we distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will design and maintain well-structured test plans and creative test cases.
- For all new product features you will carry out integration and exploratory tests.
- As a Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the coordination of test cycles executed by a cross-functional QA team.
- You will help the team to ensure a high and efficient test coverage.
- You will develop and maintain the integration of tests into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Together with our Test Automation team you will increase coverage through automated tests.
- You will provide software product specific help to the Tech Support and Tech Marketing teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Media Computer Science or comparable.
- You have at least two years’ experience in testing desktop software.
- Writing test plans and defining test cases has been an integral part of your daily work in the past.
- As a Software Test Engineer, you are able to automate tests using Python or other programming languages.
- You have good knowledge of common tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo).
- You are willing to work in an agile team following CI/CD methodology.
- You are well familiar with Windows and/or macOS desktop operating systems.
- You know Elgato products and have any experience in video or audio processing is beneficial.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment.
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline.
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich and Mönchengladbach.
- Quarterly profit share bonus.
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products.
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.