Software Engineer Internship (Munich)
We are looking for software engineer interns to join our rapidly growing teams in Munich or Monchengladbach in Germany, where you will deploy your creativity, ingenuity, and full skill set to contribute directly to the success of Elgato.
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine. Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere. Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, Elgato has engineering offices in Munich and Mönchengladbach in Germany, and in California, and we distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be able to work with cutting edge video processing algorithms, cross platform development environments, logical & control structures, data management and processing algorithms, and gain a wide experience of software engineering techniques on multiple platforms.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the product engineering process – Planning, design, development, and testing for any of our hardware and software products.
- You will work with Elgato‘s cross-platform development and test environment and can help improve this environment with new ideas for system design, quality assurance, debugging, statistical insights into device behavior, profiling and performance optimization.
- You may specialize in one area of software development, but you will be working in an Agile environment solving complex problems with the expectation that your knowledge, intuition and initiative helps the team deliver the best possible implementations.
- You will have responsibility to define all stages of your work with your team and ensure you deliver a tested and testable solution. You will plan your own work and organize your own tasks with your team.
What we’re looking for:
- You will be familiar with C++ for desktop applica- tions and we are looking for any experience with algorithms, concepts and techniques in the field of audio and video streaming systems, structuring large cross platform desktop applications or soft-ware systems design & testing. We are continuously improving our CI/CD systems and are interested in your experiences here.
- Self-motivation. We like our engineers to be able to plan and structure their own work inside autonomous teams and take full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment.
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline.
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich and Mönchengladbach.
- Quarterly profit share bonus.
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products.
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.