Project Manager, Software Products
We are looking for a project manager for software projects to join our rapidly growing teams in Munich or Mönchengladbach in Germany. Reporting to the Senior Director of Software Engineering you will deploy your creativity, ingenuity, and full skill set to contribute directly to the success of Elgato.
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine.
Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere. Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, we have engineering offices in Germany and California, and distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will help the engineering teams coordinate with both internal and external teams and partners for software engineering, UI/UX and hardware product development. All project planning and reporting for our software products will be your responsibility – your guidance will help our teams set and achieve objectives consistent with business goals.
- You will be supporting our teams with their project management and product development challenges. You will coordinate with the engineering leads and other project managers in both sites and support them with their work. We look to use ‘just enough’ process to guide and coordinate the teams and keep them working efficiently.
- We aim to deliver exceptional products to our customers that are always on-quality. You will play a key role in our quality assurance improvements and reflecting these in automated CI/CD processes. You will help the teams push through a continuous improvement mindset to ensure our customers get the products they expect from a world-leader.
- Our products are increasingly connected and inter-operate with a wide range of devices, web services and third-party applications. You will help guide and coordinate these interactions and assist our teams keep our activities synchronized with our partners.
- Our project teams are Agile and multi-disciplinary and work independently on specific projects. You will help organize the teams’ interactions and refine the processes to ensure a smooth and efficient work culture. Our focus is always on quality and user experience in all our products.
What we’re looking for:
- You will have real project management experience in Agile Scrum and other project management methodologies ideally in desktop software development projects. Our perfect candidate will have some background in software engineering or streaming – either professionally or as a hobby.
- We are looking for a pragmatist more than a purist; we take the best concepts from modern project management theories and use them in a way that delivers us a sufficient and light-touch set of processes. We aim to guide and elevate our engineers’ creativity, not stifle it with arbitrary process.
- You will have experience with popular tools for engineering planning such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence and you will have used these and other tools to guide a team to on-time release of a software project. Any experience with CI/CD processes in GitHub or Bitbucket is an advantage.
- An ability for creative problem solving using all tools and knowledge at your disposal; we like people who can make decisions and who are able to evaluate compromises to achieve the best overall solution. Your attention to detail and a focus on quality in your work will guide you.
- Familiarity with cross-platform development for macOS and Windows 10 is an advantage. An understanding of common iOS and Android deployment and monitoring tools will be advantageous.
- You will be self-motivated and determined, and a very good communicator; you will be able to clearly explain your approach to your work. We like people who can plan and structure their own work inside autonomous teams and take full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment.
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline.
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich or Mönchengladbach.
- Quarterly profit share bonus.
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products.
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.