Junior Software Engineer, macOS & Windows Desktop (Munich)
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine. Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere.Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, Elgato has engineering offices in Munich and Mönchengladbach in Germany, and in California, and we distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be able to work on any of Elgato’s market-leading desktop applications, or contribute to our custom tests, tools and methods that keep our products the standard to beat.
- You will work with our cutting edge cross-platform development environment, video & audio processing and algorithms or our application frameworks that keep the magic working.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the product engineering process – Planning, design, development, and testing of software capabilities for any of Elgato’s hardware and software products.
- Our project teams are agile and multidisciplinary, and work independently on specific projects so you can gain a wide experience of software engineering techniques on multiple desktop, server and mobile platforms.
- Our project-oriented environment allows us to give our junior software engineers the possibility to get to know all areas of development. You can specialize on one platform – macOS or Windows – or remain broadly focused on platform independent technologies.
- You can work on Elgato’s award winning Stream Deck, the capture products, or accessories and our innovative future product lines. Choose your own future.
What we’re looking for:
- You will be familiar with C++ and have an eye for detail. Experience writing desktop applications in C++ on Windows or macOS is a distinct advantage.
- Any experience with algorithms, concepts and techniques in the field of audio and video streaming systems, structuring large desktop applications or systems design & testing is a major plus.
- If you used Qt Widgets, C#.NET or mobile platforms (iOS or Android) then tell us about that, but we like curiosity and a desire to bring new ideas to work.
- You will have an ability for creative problem solving using all tools and knowledge at your disposal; we like people who can make decisions and who are able to evaluate compromises to achieve the best overall solution. Your attention to detail and a focus on quality in your work will guide you.
- Self-motivation. We like our engineers to be able to plan and structure their own work inside autonomous teams and take full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Mönchengladbach
- Quarterly profit share bonus
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.