Junior C++ Software Engineer
You will join one of our software product teams as Junior C++ Software Engineer to directly contribute to our desktop software with new functionality.
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine. Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere. Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, Elgato has engineering offices in Munich and Mönchengladbach in Germany, and in California, and we distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will develop new functionality for our Windows or macOS desktop software products written in C++.
- You will be involved in developing desktop software for our upcoming products.
- As a Junior C++ Software Engineer, you will plan and organize your own tasks with your team according to the agile methodology.
- You will have the opportunity to explore new technologies and frameworks and bring new ideas to our desktop software products.
- With our Senior Engineers you will be working on new products - from proof of concept to architectural design, coding to test implementation.
- Our project-oriented environment allows us to give all our Junior Engineers the possibility to get to know all areas of development and different technologies.
What we’re looking for:
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent education or professional experience.
- First experience in writing C++ desktop applications on Windows or macOS.
- First experience with structuring large desktop applications or systems design & testing.
- Good knowledge of common development tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Xcode, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Working in an agile team according to the CI/CD methodology suits you best.
- Being familiar with the Elgato products and in the field of audio and video processing is beneficial.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment.
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline.
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich and Mönchengladbach.
- Quarterly profit share bonus.
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products.
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.