IT & Web Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer
We are looking to strengthen our team with a Development Operations Engineer who will work in our engineering teams deploying, developing and maintaining our global network of web services and engineering tools. Reporting into the Director of Web Development you will have a broad role where you will deploy your creativity, ingenuity, and full skill set to contribute directly to the success of Elgato.
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine. Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere. Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, Elgato has engineering offices in Munich and Mönchengladbach in Germany, and in California, and we distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be working with services deployed internally on our own servers, and externally on AWS, to keep our critical operations running. You are tasked with proactively looking for ways to improve these services and have wide discretion to make changes and develop these services to be more robust, responsive and efficient.
- You will be responsible for deploying updates, adding content, running regular maintenance reviews and conducting security audits across our services. You will be able to find the balance between maintaining and improving these services.
- You will work with the senior management helping to ensure that our services are correctly implemented and resourced for long-term stable growth; that the appropriate compute and storage resources are available; and looking to find the best compromise between cost and performance across our infrastructure.
- Our project teams are Agile and multi-disciplinary and work independently on specific projects. We encourage mobility across the teams and you will be able to work in all areas such as UI/UX, software product engineering and have contact with external influencers and testers to refine product concepts.
- You will have responsibility to define all stages of your work with your team and ensure you deliver a tested and testable solution. You will plan your own work and organize your own tasks with your team.
What we’re looking for:
- You will be very familiar with Docker and container orchestration using Docker Swarm, Ngnix load balancing, Kubernetes and Prometheus. You will be able to deploy and maintain services hosted on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, CloudFront etc. as well as Akamai. When such services go offline you will be able to debug the problems and restart the instances.
- You will be proficient in Python and perhaps have some Django or Flask experience for structuring and maintaining large web applications using modern techniques. Our ideal candidate will be able to create and deploy production grade microservices for ancillary tasks such as statistics gathering and performance monitoring.
- Our ideal candidate will have a foundation in Linux administration (Ubuntu and CentOS/Amazon Linux) and will be familiar with creating and deploying Linux servers using modern best practices. We are looking for Shell/Bash experience, and knowledge of Apache, Ngnix and similar tools. Windows administration knowledge is a plus.
- An ability for creative problem solving using all tools and knowledge at your disposal; we like people who can make decisions and who are able to evaluate compromises to achieve the best overall solution. Your attention to detail and a focus on quality in your work will guide you.
- Self-motivation. We like our engineers to be able to plan and structure their own work inside autonomous teams and take full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment.
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline.
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich and Mönchengladbach.
- Quarterly profit share bonus.
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products.
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.