Backend Software Engineer
We are looking to strengthen our team with a Backend Engineer who will work in our web services team developing and maintaining our global network of mission critical micro services and APIs. Reporting into the Web Development Team you will have a broad role where you will deploy your creativity, ingenuity, and full skill set to contribute directly to the success of Elgato.
Elgato is the brand of choice for video production technology among content creators on all streaming platforms. If you’ve watched live gaming or any streaming content on YouTube or Twitch, chances are we helped make it shine.
Our mission is to empower content creators everywhere. Be part of the team that makes this happen.
In 2018, Elgato was acquired by Corsair, a provider of high-performance PCs and peripherals, and operates as a semi-autonomous division of Corsair. Over the last three decades Corsair has cemented its leadership position in its key markets and continues to grow rapidly. As a semi-autonomous division of Corsair, we have engineering offices in Germany and California, and distribute our products in over eighty countries around the globe.
Elgato’s award winning product range combines cutting edge technologies with industry leading industrial design and user experiences to deliver an unparalleled level of performance to customers. Our focus is always on simplicity and enabling the best possible workflow for content creators.
What you’ll be working on:
- You will be able to work AWS, Kubernetes, Prometheus/Grafana and Docker Swarm as well as data management and processing algorithms. You will gain a wide experience of modern software engineering techniques on multiple desktop, server and mobile platforms.
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the product engineering process – Planning, design, development, and testing of software capabilities for any of Elgato’s hardware and software products. You have the opportunity to talk directly to our designers, our contacts with the world’s most popular streamers and influencers and work with them to define our products. We also draw on experience from our colleagues across the Corsair family of companies.
- You will work with Elgato's cross-platform development and test environment and can help improve this environment with new ideas for system design, quality assurance, debugging, statistical insights into device behavior, profiling and performance optimization.
- You will be developing highly available and scalable micro-services in a framework and language of your choice to empower our award-winning Stream Deck, capture products, or accessories and our innovative future product lines.
- Our project teams are Agile and multi-disciplinary and work independently on specific projects. We encourage mobility across the teams, and you will be able to work in all areas such as industrial design, UI/UX, product engineering and have contact with external influencers and testers to refine product concepts.
- You may specialize in one area of software development, but you will be working in an Agile environment solving complex problems with the expectation that your broad experience, intuition and initiative helps the team deliver the best possible implementations.
- You will have responsibility to define all stages of your work with your team and ensure you deliver a tested and testable solution. You will plan your own work and organize your own tasks with your team.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience writing web applications in Python/Django, a proficient understanding of databases such as PostgreSQL, SQLite or MySQL, as well as a good understanding of task/messaging queues such as Celery, Redis or RabbitMQ. We are interested in how you developed past projects with these technologies, and how you evaluated the best approach to problems you solved.
- You will be familiar with Django and we are looking for any experience with containerization solutions such as Docker and the design of APIs in microservices. You may have experience structuring large web applications or systems design & testing.
- Experience with C++, Qt, C#, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C and Java for desktop and mobile applications is advantageous but we like curiosity and a desire to bring new ideas to work. We are continuously improving our CI/CD systems and are interested in your experiences here.
- An ability for creative problem solving using all tools and knowledge at your disposal; we like people who can make decisions and who are able to evaluate compromises to achieve the best overall solution. Your attention to detail and a focus on quality in your work will guide you.
- Self-motivation. We like our engineers to be able to plan and structure their own work inside autonomous teams and take full ownership of their tasks.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; German skills are an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working hours and a friendly, positive working environment.
- A focus on personal development and training in any relevant discipline.
- Modern and comfortable offices in the center of Munich or Mönchengladbach.
- Quarterly profit share bonus and stock options.
- Discounts on Elgato, Corsair, Origin, and Scuf Gaming products.
- Great coffee on tap, drinks, fruit, catered team lunch on Fridays and discounted lunch vouchers on other days.