- Our smallest hybrid TV tuner stick ever
- Receives basic cable TV (unscrambled), both digital and analog
- Receives digital TV that is available over-the-air for free with an antenna, in HD (where broadcast)
- Captures video in standard definition from analog sources such as a VCR or camcorder
- Comes with video cable for composite (RCA) or S-Video and EyeTV remote
All-in-One TV for your Mac or PC
Our smallest hybrid TV tuner ever, EyeTV Hybrid packs a lot of features into one very small TV stick. Powerful and versatile, EyeTV Hybrid is the right choice if you get your TV signal from basic (unscrambled) cable. But that’s not all – EyeTV Hybrid can receive digital TV with an antenna, and can also capture standard definition video from analog sources such a camcorder or VCR.
Super-small TV tuner that gets the big picture
Our smallest hybrid TV tuner ever, EyeTV Hybrid is the right choice if you get your TV signal from basic (unscrambled) cable. But that’s not all – EyeTV Hybrid packs a lot of features into one very small TV stick to deliver a big TV picture live to your Mac or PC.
To watch and record basic cable channels on your Mac or PC, simply connect EyeTV Hybrid to the coaxial cable coming straight from the wall; EyeTV Hybrid receives unscrambled digital and analog cable TV.
EyeTV Hybrid can also connect to your TV antenna to receive the great variety of digital TV shows that are broadcast over-the-air for free. The quality of digital TV that is available with an antenna looks spectacular on your computer’s high-resolution display, particularly the many shows that are broadcast in full HD.
EyeTV Hybrid is powerful, compact, and incredibly versatile. It’s the all-in-one TV tuner for your Mac or PC.
Superb quality digital TV recordings
EyeTV Hybrid records digital TV in one quality setting, Lossless. The digital stream is recorded unaltered for full quality digital content as encoded by the broadcaster. EyeTV also supports closed captioning and Dolby® Digital sound.
Capture SD video from a camcorder or VCR
EyeTV Hybrid can capture video from analog sources such as a VCR or a camcorder. Simply connect the video source to your computer using the included video cable for composite (RCA) or S-Video; then watch and even record the picture on your computer in standard definition.
Made for the Mac
With its clean lines, matte aluminum finish, and surprisingly small size, EyeTV Hybrid is the premier accessory for anyone who appreciates well-designed gadgets. It features a USB 2.0 interface for the streaming of superior quality, digital TV content and requires no external power supply.
TV software for Mac
The included EyeTV 3 software from Elgato turns your Mac into the coolest TV and DVR in the house. This award-winning software enables you to:
- Watch, pause, and rewind live TV on your Mac
- Search two weeks of Program Guide listings
- Set up schedules to record your favorite TV shows
- Edit out unwanted content
- Share recordings with other Macs on the same network
EyeTV 3 software offers special features for Mac users, including Smart Series Guides, Smart Playlists, automatic exports to iTunes, and support for the EyeTV for iPhone app.
You can use EyeTV Hybrid with a Mac or PC. EyeTV Hybrid is compatible with Windows 7 or later and works great with Windows Media Center.
- Macintosh: Intel Core processor, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- PC: 2.0 GHz Intel/AMD CPU or Intel Atom CPU, Windows Media Center
- 1 GB RAM, built-in USB 2.0 port
Reception varies by location, a rooftop antenna may be required in areas with a weak or obstructed signal. This product does not include an antenna. It is compatible with all indoor and outdoor TV antennas. For more information about selecting the right antenna visit www.antennaweb.org (USA only)
- An internet connection is required to download EyeTV Program Guide information from the TV Guide data service
- 720p or 1080i HD features require an Intel Core Duo processor
- Analog TV is processed using software encoding; the quality of the recording will depend on your Mac’s processor speed.
- Frequency Range: 48-801 MHz (VHF and UHF)
- Analog TV Standards: NTSC
- Digital TV Standards: ATSC, Clear QAM
- USB bus power
- 62 ×21 x 10 mm
- 16 g
Input and Output
- USB 2.0
- Antenna input: MCX (includes adapter to standard F connector)
- S-Video (via break out cable, included)
- Composite video (via break out cable, included)
- Stereo audio (via break out cable, included)
- IR remote control sensor
- EyeTV Hybrid analog/digital TV receiver
- Infrared remote control with battery pack
- USB cable
- Breakout cable for composite and S-Video inputs
- Antenna adapter (F to MCX)
"In a world where tuners stand alone, the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid is a great product--it caters to a number of different customers across the world and works just as good on laptops as it will on your home theater PC."
"Having used other USB-based TV tuners in the past with limited success, I have to say the EyeTV Hybrid is certainly one of the simplest and easiest solutions I’ve come across."
"Mac users don't often get fun add-ons that leave PC owners green with envy. Elgato's EyeTV Hybrid ($149.95 direct) USB TV tuner bucks that trend, offering a powerful program guide, DVR, and place-shifting application—for Mac OS... With a robust software package and multiple input options, the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid is one of the best USB TV tuners currently available for the Mac."
"Pros: Tiny, easy to set up, included software does everything you could ask.
Cons: Can't record encrypted content.
Bottom line: If you live an over-the-air existence, the Hybrid is a savior."
"If you use a mac, this is the must-have tuner for setting up a home-theater pc, travelling with a tv tuner, or setting up a desktop DVR."
"The EyeTV Hybrid worked very well. I was impressed with the clarity of the images on my 27" iMac, and in full screen mode the iMac looked more like an HDTV than a computer."
"The EyeTV's best feature, however, isn't its hardware but its software. Its program guide offers the same kind of point-and-click simplicity that TiVo owners have grown accustomed to, but in an iTunes-esque interface that allows find-as-you-type searching for programs. Oh, and you can use a real keyboard to type your searches too."
"The EyeTV has a ridiculous amount of functionality which I haven't even touched yet. As a straight up TV replacement, though, it is outstanding --good quality and easy to use. There's also something neat about watching the telly on a laptop screen, and if a movie comes on I can just hit the "record" button, just like the old days of VHS."
”...if you want an extremely compact device that handles TV viewing/ recording/ organizing chores extremely well, the Hybrid is certainly a fine choice.”
Dennis Sellers, MacsimumNews.com
"...if I was setting up a Mac Mini as a media centre, this is the first product I’d stick in the back of it."
Tony Smith, Editor RegHardware.co.uk