- Stream free-to-view satellite TV (DVB-S2 or Freesat) to the computers on your home network
- Enjoy a crystal clear, high-definition television picture on your computer’s high-resolution display
- Compatible with both Mac and PC
- Watch TV wirelessly on a portable computer or iPad if you have a Wi-Fi network
- Stream live TV over the home network to an iPad – even when your computers are turned off
- As a network device, it does not have to be installed near your computers
Satellite TV on any Mac, PC or iPad in your home network
Watch and record free-to-view satellite television on any Mac or PC in the house, in full HD. If your home has an existing Wi-Fi network, you can watch live satellite TV wirelessly on a portable computer anywhere in your home or garden.
EyeTV Netstream Sat enables your entire family to share one TV tuner device, and it delivers a high-definition TV picture to every room. There’s no need to connect a satellite dish and TV tuner dongle to each computer! Simply place EyeTV Netstream Sat near your existing satellite connection and connect it to your router. EyeTV Netstream Sat receives DVB-S2 and streams the TV signal via your Ethernet or home Wi-Fi network.
Free-to-view HD satellite TV on every Mac and PC, anywhere in the house
Just one EyeTV Netstream Sat turns all the Macs and PCs in your home network into a television and a digital video recorder. EyeTV Netstream Sat is a network TV tuner that streams free-to-view satellite TV in full HD to your computers via Ethernet.
Stream live TV wirelessly
If your home has an existing Wi-Fi network, you can watch TV wirelessly. Enjoy live television and your EyeTV recordings on a portable computer or iPad anywhere in the home or garden!
Share a TV tuner and satellite connection with the entire family
EyeTV Netstream Sat enables your entire family to share one TV tuner device and one satellite feed for stunning-quality HDTV in every room. Since there’s no need to connect a TV tuner to every computer, EyeTV Netstream Sat frees up your desktops and living spaces.
Superb quality HD television
EyeTV Netstream Sat delivers the remarkable picture and sound quality of DVB-S2 to your computer’s high-resolution display for a complete HDTV experience.
The DVB stream is recorded unaltered to give you the full quality H.264 or MPEG-2 video as encoded by the broadcaster, both in HD and standard definition. EyeTV Netstream Sat supports multilingual programming, Teletext and Dolby® Digital sound.
You can place EyeTV Netstream Sat out-of-sight near your incoming satellite feed; it connects to your satellite feed and to your network router/switch.
If you do not have a home Wi-Fi network for wireless television and prefer not to run Ethernet cables to computers throughout the home, we suggest powerline adapters (not included) as an alternative. Powerline adapters can be used to route your network around your house over electrical power lines, so that your computers can access the network via a nearby electrical outlet on the wall.
Integrates into your existing network
When you use EyeTV Netstream Sat you can stream live TV, surf the web, and send email all at the same time. An intelligent device, EyeTV Netstream Sat offers centralized configuration via web browser and auto-discovery via UPnP & Bonjour.
EyeTV 3 for Mac
The included EyeTV 3 software from Elgato turns your Mac into the coolest TV and DVR in the house. This award-winning TV software enables you to:
- Watch, pause, and rewind live TV on your Mac
- Search two weeks of Program Guide listings
- Set up schedules to record your favourite TV programmes
- Edit out unwanted content
- Share recordings with other Macs on the same network
You can use EyeTV Netstream Sat with a Mac or PC. EyeTV Netstream Sat is compatible with Windows 7 or later and works great with Windows Media Center. It also comes with THC software for Windows, which offers many of the same features as EyeTV 3.
Turn your iPad into the ultimate portable TV
Stream live television to your iPad! EyeTV Netstream tuners can send a standard definition TV signal straight to the EyeTV Netstream app running on an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. After the initial setup on a Mac or PC, your mobile device can directly tune in to live TV.
You can watch and timeshift live digital television, record shows directly to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, view up to seven days of program guide (EPG) data including details and much more!
TV streaming is not supported outside the local network. 802.11n Wi-Fi is recommended.
- Macintosh: Intel Core CPU, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel/AMD CPU
- iOS Devices: iPod touch (4th generation or later), iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) and iPad; requires iOS 4.3.5 or newer
- 1 GB RAM
- Satellite dish with digital LNB or universal LNB with Multiswitch (not included)
- Home network with 100Base-T Ethernet (802.11n for wireless)
- Internet connection required to download Program Guide data.
- Network bandwidth must be high enough to allow for streaming of television signals.
- 720p or 1080i HD features require an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
- EyeTV Netstream app (available on the App Store) required to stream a live TV signal to an iPad.
- Supported digital TV standards: DVB-S, DVB-S2
- Support for up to four digital or universal LNBs (Low band 9.75GHz L.O. with 22kHz off, High band 10.60GHz L.O. with 22kHz on)
- LNB & switch control: DiSEqC 1.0 and MiniDiSEqC (Tone Burst)
Input and Output
- Input: USB 2.0 for EyeTV Sat Free
- Input: F connector for RG-6/U coaxial satellite cable
- 100Base-T Ethernet Network: RJ45 connector
- DC 12V, 1.5A
Weight & Dimensions
- 23 × 119 × 119 mm
- 262 g
- EyeTV Netstream Sat Network Tuner for DVB-S2
- Ethernet cable
- Power Supply
- Quick Start Guide
Elgato’s latest EyeTV device makes it easy to watch free-to-air satellite TV on your Mac, iPad or other iOS device (with the EyeTV app) anywhere in your home; in other words, your Mac doesn’t have to sit beside the satellite connection.
Rob Mead, Macworld UK
Der Ansatz, den Elgato mit dem Netstream-Set verfolgt, ist vorbildlich. Eine separate Box im Netzwerk streamt auf Wunsch an Endgeräte mit einem kompatiblen Abspielprogramm.
Thomas Köhre, Digital Fernsehen
Das gesamte System macht einen runden Eindruck und rückt die Hardware dahin, wo der Sat-Anschluss ist und die Software, wo der Rechner steht. Begeistern kann auch die EyeTV-App, vor allem mit dem Live-Fernsehmodus, der speziell mit dem Netsream Sat funktioniert.
Thomas Bergbold, Macwelt