- Watch live TV anywhere you go
- No internet connection required
- Record your favorite shows directly on your iPad, iPhone or computer
- Stream live TV wirelessly to your iPad, iPhone, Android device or computer
- Get over 3.5 hours of live TV wirelessly with the rechargeable battery
- Free Tivizen app available for iPad, iPhone and Android
- Includes TV software for Mac and PC
Live TV on your iPad, Android, Mac & PC
A superb all-round DTT (Freeview) TV receiver, Elgato’s Tivizen is a mobile TV tuner that transmits the television signal wirelessly to your iPad, Android device or computer. Weighing only 68 grams (2.5 ounces), Tivizen is about the size of a mobile phone and slips easily into your pocket.
How it works
The Tivizen mobile TV receiver has a small, extendable and extremely robust aerial that receives a DVB-T (Freeview, or DTT) signal. Tivizen transmits that TV signal over to your iPad, iPhone, Android device or computer by creating its own Wi-Fi hotspot. It sets up its own Wi-Fi hotspot and you do not need an internet connection to use it.
Engineered by the TV software experts
Elgato’s Tivizen is a sophisticated piece of hardware, but the real craftsmanship comes alive in the software. Tivizen comes with remarkable software to bring you television the way you want it: The amazing Tivizen app for your iPad, iPhone or Android device, award-winning EyeTV software for your Mac, and THC software for Windows.
Unrivaled functionality for iPad and iPhone
Watch, timeshift, record
Watch, pause, rewind and record live TV on your iPad or iPhone
anywhere, completely untethered from the internet. The Tivizen app works
with Elgato’s Tivizen receiver and is available free on the App Store.
See what’s on at a glance
The Tivizen app shows you what TV shows are on right now and what’s coming up in the next 7 days. You get all the TV listing details that are broadcast within the DVB-T stream.
With the new built-in browser, you can now watch TV and surf the web at the same time, all on the screen of your iPad. Simply hold your iPad in portrait mode – you can even resize the browser window to see more of the web or your favorite TV show.
Share your top picks with friends
While you’re checking out the program guide on your iPad or iPhone, you can share your top picks with friends. Simply email or tweet the show details straight from the program guide, or put them on paper using an AirPrint-enabled printer.
Record TV on your iPad!
Is the show you started watching worth saving? No problem. With Tivizen, you can record TV shows directly to your iPad or iPhone and watch them later. You also have the option of transferring those recordings to your computer.
Travel much? Take Tivizen and your iPad with you, and save channel lists for locations you’ll be visiting again. You can the view DVB subtitles whenever you find yourself watching TV in foreign lands.
Want to plug into TV the conventional way? When you use the charging cable to connect Tivizen to your computer, Tivizen behaves just like a traditional USB tuner stick. Of course, Tivizen will automatically create its own hotspot if neither a home network nor USB connection are available. This feature is great for marathon TV sessions that last longer than the Tivizen’s rechargeable battery, and for public Wi-Fi when you want to want to watch TV and surf the Web at the same time.
Home Network mode
Tivizen is truly an all-purpose device for home and travel. Among its many talents, Tivizen can also join your existing home Wi-Fi network. There the TV signal from Tivizen automatically becomes available to all your devices including your computers – completely free of cables and connected devices.
The included lithium-ion high-capacity rechargeable battery gives you over 3.5 hours of live TV on the go. If you forget to turn your Tivizen off, the power-management feature puts it to sleep automatically to save battery power.
The EPG data for the Tivizen app is broadcast within the DVB-T stream and the amount of EPG data varies by broadcaster. Please check the system requirements.
- iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPhone (iPhone 3GS or later) or iPad; with iOS 5.1 or newer
- Android: Amazon Kindle Fire (2. Generation), Amazon Kindle Fire HD, Asus Nexus 7, HTC One S, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel/AMD CPU
- The availability and amount of program information and teletext varies depending on the channel.
- DTT/DVB-T/TNT/Freeview broadcasts vary in bitrate. Playback quality of high bitrate channels may be limited by 802.11g Wi-Fi network bandwidth.
- Elgato Tivizen supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-4/H.264 video in standard definition as well as DVB-T radio, if available. High definition channels are supported in EyeTV and THC software on a Mac or PC. Encrypted programs and/or DVB-T2 broadcasts are not supported.
- Decoder: High-performance ARM 9 RISC-Processor
- Frequency range: 177.5 – 226.5MHz (VHF); 474 – 858MHz (UHF)
- Supported digital TV standards: DVB-T
- COFDM Demodulator: Supported modulations 16, 64 QAM, QPSK; Bandwidths 6, 7, 8 MHz
Tivizen is intended for use in countries where digital terrestrial television is broadcast. Digital terrestrial television is also known as DVB-T, DTT, Freeview in the UK, and TNT in France. UK residents, please note: Freeview HD or DVB-T2 is not supported.
Input and Output
- USB 2.0 (to charge battery)
- Removable Li-Ion battery (3.7V 1050 mAh)
Weight & Dimensions
- 92 × 52 × 12 mm
- 68 g (2.5 oz)
- Tivizen DTT Receiver
- USB cable
- Software download guide (THC and EyeTV 3)
"If what you are looking for is a device that will fix in your pocket and enable you to watch live TV on the move – perhaps you want to catch the final while camping – then this is the perfect answer to your prayers
"... the word has to be “Amazing”. The Tivizen is an ultraportable, ultra-powerful system that transforms your mobile device into a fully fledged digital television with PVR in seconds."
"Eine hübsche Ergänzung zu iPhone oder iPad."
Matthias Matting, FOCUS
"Die Kopplung an Eye TV ist eine Stärke des Tivizen-Systems."
Peter Müller, Macwelt
"It's an ingenious idea and worked very well – as long as you're in an area that has good Freeview reception."