- Receives free-to-view digital TV (DVB-T and DVB-C) as well as analogue TV
- Receives FM radio
- Conveniently-sized USB stick
- Contains a full-size coaxial plug; does not require an adapter
- Comes with an EyeTV Remote
TV Tuner Stick for DVB-T, DVB-C, Analog TV & FM-Radio
Superbly engineered and supremely versatile, EyeTV Hybrid delivers free-to-view digital television to your Mac via aerial (DVB-T, also known as DTT or Freeview) and cable (DVB-C), as well as analogue television via cable and aerial. With EyeTV Hybrid, you can also tune in to local FM radio on your Mac.
Despite its small size, EyeTV Hybrid contains a full-size and built-in coaxial plug and does not require an adapter to connect cable or an aerial. What’s more, EyeTV Hybrid comes with a composite (RCA) and S-Video break-out cable to connect a variety of devices to your Mac, such as a set top box for premium channels and satellite, a VCR, or a Camcorder.
Superb quality digital TV recordings
EyeTV Hybrid records digital TV in one quality setting, lossless. The digital stream is recorded unaltered for full quality digital content as encoded by the broadcaster. EyeTV Hybrid also supports multilingual programming and Dolby® Digital sound.
EyeTV Hybrid processes analogue signals
using the encoder built into the EyeTV software together with your Mac’s
processor. As a result, the quality of analogue video depends on the
processor speed of your Mac.
EyeTV Hybrid is the only EyeTV device that delivers FM radio to your Mac as well as television. Tune in, record your favourite radio programmes, and export them into iTunes to enjoy later on your iPod or iPhone.
TV Software for Mac
The included EyeTV 3 software from Elgato turns your Mac into the coolest TV and DVR in the house. This award-winning TV software enables you to:
- Watch, pause, and rewind live TV on your Mac
- Search two weeks of Program Guide listings
- Set up schedules to record your favourite TV programmes
- Edit out unwanted content
- Share recordings with other Macs on the same network
EyeTV 3 software offers special features for Mac users, including Smart Series Guides, Smart Playlists, automatic exports to iTunes, and support for the EyeTV for iPhone app.
Windows PC Compatibility
You can use EyeTV Hybrid with a Mac or PC.
EyeTV Hybrid is compatible with Windows 7 or later and works great as a DVB-T and analog tuner in Windows Media Center. The included THC software for Windows supports DVB-T, DVB-C, FM radio and many of the same features that are offered by EyeTV 3 software.
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel/AMD CPU
- Freeview HD, encrypted programs and/or DVB-T2 broadcasts are not supported.
- The availability and amount of program information varies depending on the channel.
- Analogue TV is processed using software encoding; the quality of the recording will depend on your computer's processor speed.
Digital terrestrial television is also known as DVB-T, DTT, Freeview in the UK, and TNT in France. DVB-T reception can vary by location, and a rooftop aerial may be required in areas with a weak or obstructed DVB-T signal.
Analogue, FM, DVB-T/C Tuner
- Frequency range: 48-860MHz (VHF and UHF)
- Analogue TV standards: PAL, SECAM
- Digital TV standards: DVB-T, DVB-C
- FM Radio
- Stereo Audio
- COFDM Demodulator: Supported modulations 16, 64, 128 and 256 QAM, QPSK; Bandwidths 6, 7, 8 MHz
UK residents, please note: Freeview HD or DVB-T2 is not supported.
Input and Output
- USB 2.0
- Aerial input: Coaxial connector (IEC)
- S-Video (via break out cable, included)
- Composite video (via break out cable, included)
- Stereo audio (via break out cable, included)
- IR remote control sensor
- USB bus power
- 82 × 32 x 15mm
About Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT)
Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) represents the future of television broadcasting, providing interference-free reception and remarkable digital picture and sound quality.
DTT reception and programming varies by country, and even city to city.
- EyeTV Hybrid TV receiver
- DVB-T rod aerial with tilt/swivel magnetic base and detachable suction cup
- Infrared remote control with battery pack
- USB cable
- Video cable
- Quick Start Guide
Pros: Tiny, easy to set up, included software does everything you could ask.
Cons: Can't record encrypted content.
Bottom line: If you live an over-the-air existence, the Hybrid is a savior.
"... if you have limited space and you don’t want to deal with having a dedicated television and DVR, or if you would just like seamless integration between your DVR and your iTunes library, then you should definitely consider the elgato EyeTV Hybrid."
"The EyeTV's best feature, however, isn't its hardware but its software. Its program guide offers the same kind of point-and-click simplicity that TiVo owners have grown accustomed to, but in an iTunes-esque interface that allows find-as-you-type searching for programs. Oh, and you can use a real keyboard to type your searches too."
”...sets a new standard for Mac TV tuners.”
Eric Suesz, Macworld
you want an extremely compact device that handles TV viewing/
recording/ organizing chores extremely well, the Hybrid is certainly a
Dennis Sellers, MacsimumNews.com
is an excellent bargain and provides more functionality than most other
single source TV recorders available for the Macintosh.”
Arizona Macintosh Users Group (AMUG)
“Kudos to Elgato for creating such a seamless experience…”
“Pound for pound, this little device offers the best Digital TV solution for under $150 bucks.”
“...I am quite smitten with it.”
"...if I was setting up a Mac Mini as a media centre, this is the first product I’d stick in the back of it."
Tony Smith, Editor RegHardware.co.uk
EyeTV has a ridiculous amount of functionality which I haven't even
touched yet. As a straight up TV replacemant, though, it is outstanding
--good quality and easy to use. There's also something neat about
watching the telly on a laptop screen, and if a movie comes on I can
just hit the "record" button, just like the old days of VHS."